You know bow ties are back when women are looking to buy them for their men. Knowing how to tie a bow tie is an essential Gentleman Custom. Learn how.
- Flip up your collar and lay the bow tie around your neck with one end hanging about 2 inches lower than the other.
- Cross the longer end of the bow tie over the narrow end, and then wrap it from behind through the gap between bowtie and neck.
- Now fold the shorter end of the bow over.
- Pull the wider end over the folded part of the bow from step #3.
- Wrap it all the way around back through the gap between neck and bow tie. Don’t pull tight yet, but create a loop in front of this wrapping. Take the bow tie and pull it through this loop.
- Tighten the bow and give it a final adjustment to your liking.