Looking dapper in a bow tie during your holiday celebrations is easy, knowing how to tie a bow tie is an essential gentleman's skill.
- Flip up your collar and lay the bow tie around your neck with one end hanging about 2 inches lower than the other
- Cross the longer end of the bow tie over the narrow end, and then wrap it from behind through the gap between bowtie and neck
- Now fold the shorter end of the bow over
- Pull the wider end over the folded part of the bow from step #3
- Wrap it all the way around back through the gap between neck and bow tie. Don’t pull tight yet, but create a loop in front of this wrapping. Take the bow tie and pull it through this loop
- Tighten the bow and give it a final adjustment to your liking and remember it should not be perfectly symmetrical, just like pocket square fold, the beauty is in the nonchalance of the added detail