"Own your look" and make it one that will remind you of your wedding moments each time you put it on. This year, the trend of personalizing your look down to the detail continues with custom wedding tuxedos, custom wedding suits, and custom dinner jackets, Here is our roundup of what’s most popular with Grooms and in the media.Read More
Looking dapper in a bow tie during your holiday celebrations is easy, knowing how to tie a bow tie is an essential gentleman's skill.
- Flip up your collar and lay the bow tie around your neck with one end hanging about 2 inches lower than the other
- Cross the longer end of the bow tie over the narrow end, and then wrap it from behind through the gap between bowtie and neck
- Now fold the shorter end of the bow over
- Pull the wider end over the folded part of the bow from step #3
- Wrap it all the way around back through the gap between neck and bow tie. Don’t pull tight yet, but create a loop in front of this wrapping. Take the bow tie and pull it through this loop
- Tighten the bow and give it a final adjustment to your liking and remember it should not be perfectly symmetrical, just like pocket square fold, the beauty is in the nonchalance of the added detail
How did we make formal attire more fun?
This week, SPLASH magazine is featuring our custom velvet blazer, custom shirt, and custom trousers in their article, The New Suit, updated formal look. A custom blazer in velvet continues as one of the colder season's most in demand looks. Personalize yours with all of the details you can choose from for your custom suits, and more. Ask your Sales Rep or Request an Appointment.
Treat the man in your life to a custom sport coat and coordinating custom polo shirt made for his body and personal style. A dozen measurements are taken with 100s of fabric options and styling details to choose from, including long or short sleeve. Nicholas Joseph makes Chicago’s favorite true custom shirts, custom suits, and is recommended by Esquire magazine for made in Chicago bespoke suits.Read More
Fall weather is here, is your top coat or overcoat tailored and in style?
Your overcoat is the most important and most visible item of your cold weather wardrobe. We've put together images of the latest 2016 men's top coat and overcoat styles below. We recommend every gentleman has at least overcoat in grey or navy. If you wear suits or trousers during the week, you should have add a second overcoat for variety, in either camel or a subtle pattern. See more, Custom Overcoats & Top Coats
Free* Overnight Canvas & Leather Garment Bag
Too many clients have been spotted in airports using our complimentary garment covers as actual overnight garment bags, so we created a new high quality canvas and leather Overnight Garment Bag designed to last.
Our new high quality canvas features:
- High quality brass zippers and hardware
- Fully lined with reinforced double pockets to hold 2 pairs of shoes
- Sturdy canvas with made in USA leather strap
- Outside pocket for tie, pocket squares, and other accessories
*Purchase any custom clothing package with a custom suit by October 20th, and receive one of these Overnight Garment bags free. Limited to first 20 clients purchasing any package with a custom suit from 9/20/2016 - 10/20/2016, not valid with other offers or promotions. Offer cannot be applied to purchases prior to 9/20/2016.
Do you have all your Fall & Winter menswear wardrobe essentials? Here is a basic checklist to ensure you're ready to Live Dapper during the colder months. Add or subtract items for a custom fit wardrobe for your lifestyle.
- 1 Overcoat in grey or navy, add a second custom camel overcoat for variety
- 2 Suits: 1 flannel & 1 bright slate (the new “it” color), try a custom three piece suit in thick chalk stripe and wear the vest with jeans for a warmer, dressed up look
- 2 Sport Coats: 1 textured solid in a blue, grey, or charcoal & 1 subtle pattern like a glenplaid or herringbone
- 5 Dress shirts, 10 if needed the full work week: white, blue, lavender and 2 fun patterns (try a dot, paisley, or chambray this season), try all custom shirts to ensure a consistent fit
- 3 Trousers: blue, grey, and tan plus 2 flannel pairs in any color
- 1 Long sleeve polo, perfect for casual Fridays or weekends, and can easily be worn with a sport coat
- A cardigan, v-neck, or shawl lapel sweater, try the latter for a more updated look
- 2 belts, one black, one brown; Try a custom belt for fun in suede or a with a contrast stitch
- 5 patterned socks in subtle colors, too bold is too last year
- 5 ties in smaller patterns to make matching easy: 1 of each base color- 2 blue, purple, green, and red, try wool for an updated look
- Pocket squares: 2 white, 1 blue, and 2 fun prints, be sure they match your suits and sport coats